Outline of the call
Please refer to the following link on the eligibility criteria and submission process:
- Japan Globalstars call for projects with Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Spain and United Kingdom
(Please note that the page currently contains the details from Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Israel, Japan, Spain and the United Kingdom. The page will be regularly updated. Please check back accordingly.
The call for proposals will be an open call inviting projects from any sector area except for nuclear technologies and pharmaceutical technologies.
Partners must meet the following qualifications:
- The consortium should include at least two companies that are independent from each other, one company for Japan and one company from one of the EUREKA member countries participating in the call.
- The project partners must express their will to cooperate on a win-win/fair basis in an R&D project leading to a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative, and there must be a technological risk involved for allinvolved partners.
- The project must benefit all involved partners.
- The project should have an obvious benefit and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants from the different countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- A signed Consortium Agreement (CA) is required upon approval, before the actual start of the project. It ought to include, amongst others, the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements.
- The maximum duration of a project may not exceed 24 months.
- No individual organisation, or individual country, can claim more than 70% of the total eligible costs of a joint project.
- Military projects are excluded.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present call in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect in each country, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability. The amount of funding available per project partner is subject to national rules and regulations.
Project partners are strongly advised, prior to submitting the application, to contact their National Contact Points in order to check the eligibility of their project.
Partners from other EUREKA countries or countries outside of EUREKA can also participate, but they will not be funded by the participating funding agencies in this call. Subsequently, these partners have to secure their own funding within the deadlines for this call.